Quarantine323 completed of 560
0 completed and not assigned.
442 of 560 assigned
150 max pieces, 20 at a time
Welcome to the Light Mosaic project that we are doing as we all try to stop a global virus!
The way this works is pretty simple:
1. Make an account on this site if you haven't already.
2. Click on the 'My Profile' link and give us a few more bits of information so we can credit you properly!
3. On this page, choose how many tiles you would like to create, then click 'Request Tiles'. These tiles will be added to your 'My Tiles' page. If you are not logged in you cannot request tiles.
4. Using light painting techniques, recreate each of the tiles you selected as best you can. They will not be a perfect match, but do your best and have fun! Remember that camera sees a mirror image of what you see, so make sure to take this into consideration. You have the option of downloading a reversed image as well, if you want to use that as a reference while creating!
5. Return to the "My Tiles" page, locate the tile you have completed and upload your work! Your image should be 1000x1000 pixels square. If you upload an image that is not a square then the system will automatically pick the biggest possible square from the center of your image. To avoid accidental cropping you should just upload an already-cropped square. If your image is larger than 1000x1000 then it will be resized. Please make sure you're not uploading a mirror image of what is expected!
6. Make as many tiles as you would like to make. You can have up to 20 tiles at a time and as you submit your tiles you can get more, up to 150. We may increase the maximum number you can create but right now we want to give everyone a chance to participate!
7. Keep on the project at the Facebook page for this project.
Thanks to our sponsors, we will be giving a prize to a participant from the Americas, a participant from EurAsia, and a participant from Australia/New Zealand. Every tile you complete will get you one chance to win! Give a big thanks to our sponsors for taking part in this with us!!
Login or join to participate.